Publisher: Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute
Release date: April, 2017
Table of Contents and sample pages
Get your hard copy autographed: Select "Autographed hard copy" from the dropdown menu above and Dennis J. Ernst MT(ASCP), NCPT(NCCT), the chairholder of the committee that revised the standard, will personally sign your copy for free.
Packed into this important document is a comprehensive outline for a world-class training program. This new guideline, the only one in the industry, saves educators at healthcare facilities and academic institutions many hours of research and curriculum development.
This guideline lays out everything educators need to create or redesign their training program to include all aspects of preanalytics including the collection of blood and non-blood samples, general and technical course content, and clinical and remedial training.
The appendices alone are a rich resource containing a wealth of supplementary information and guidance, including an expansive list of questions every educator must ask him/herself when assessing the caliber of their existing programs.
Those responsible for putting trainees through a phlebotomy curriculum---in-house or academic---need to square their curriculum with this guideline.
- A reader-friendly design in full color
- Organized as a Quality Management Systems document
- 16 content categories essential to every effective program
- Clinical practice considerations
- Guidance on managing your program's infrastructure
- Written by highly qualified authorities lead by the Center for Phlebotomy Education's director, Dennis J. Ernst MT(ASCP), NCPT(NCCT)