CLSI Training Guideline GP48 Format:Print
Publisher: Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute
Release date: April, 2017
Related Links:Looking for the download?
Table of Contents and sample pages
Packed into this important document is a comprehensive outline for a world-class training program. This new guideline, the only one in the industry, saves educators at healthcare facilities and academic institutions many hours of research and curriculum development.
This guideline lays out everything educators need to create or redesign their training program to include all aspects of preanalytics including the collection of blood and non-blood samples, general and technical course content, and clinical and remedial training.
The appendices alone are a rich resource containing a wealth of supplementary information and guidance, including an expansive list of questions every educator must ask him/herself when assessing the caliber of their existing programs.
Those responsible for putting trainees through a phlebotomy curriculum---in-house or academic---need to square their curriculum with this guideline.
- A reader-friendly design in full color
- Organized as a Quality Management Systems document
- 16 content categories essential to every effective program
- Clinical practice considerations
- Guidance on managing your program's infrastructure
- Written by highly qualified authorities lead by the Center for Phlebotomy Education's director, Dennis J. Ernst MT(ASCP), NCPT(NCCT)