by Dennis Ernst • December 04, 2020
The Lab Draw Answer Book contains answers to nearly 400 commonly asked questions on blood sample collection and handling, and managing phlebotomy services and personnel. For the Month of December, its price is being reduced 50%, from $39.99 to $19.99.
The 440-page full-color reference book fully reflects CLSI's current venipuncture standard and the Standards of Practice of the Infusion Nurses Society as it pertains to blood sample collection from vascular-access devices.
Chapters in the book include:
- Safety and Infection Control
- Training, Management and Certification
- Skin Punctures, Heelsticks, and Pain Management
- Patient Identification, Vein Selection, & Site Prep
- Tourniquets & Butterflies
- Order of Draw & Discard Tubes
- Hemolysis and Potassium Issues
- Blood Cultures
- Labeling and Post-venipuncture Care
- Line Draws & IV Starts
- Processing, Storage, & Transportation
- Patient Injuries & Complications
- Unorthodox Techniques
Written by Dennis J. Ernst MT(ASCP), NCPT(NCCT) and Catherine Ernst RN, PBT(ASCP), the husband-and-wife team hopes this special price helps put a copy in the hands of everyone who draws blood samples for laboratory testing.
'I've been called the phlebotomy guru many times,' says Dennis. 'Everything I know about performing and managing blood collection procedures is in this book. It's like having my brain on your desk, but without the formaldehyde.'
overall rating: my rating: log in to rate