Standards-based continuing education for staff and students
by Dennis Ernst • July 08, 2021
One of the Center for Phlebotomy Education's most popular product line is our Abbreviated Teaching Modules. ATMs are short 1-2-page in-house continuing education articles---each with a quiz---covering a wide variety of phlebotomy topics. Series A, B & C include 12 lessons each, one for each month. Series C is our newest set.
The 36-module set is downloaded immediately after your online purchase as zipped PDFs with answer keys for each exercise. Titles include:
- The Order of Draw
- Hematoma Prevention
- Tourniquet Time
- Needlestick Prevention
- Patient Identification
- Acceptable Sites for Venipuncture
- Blood Cultures Done Right
- Tips for Successful Capillary Collection
- Hemoconcentration: What is it?
- The Aggressive Patient
- Geriatric Phlebotomy
- Infants and Toddlers in the Healthcare Environment
- Drawing From Young Children
- Communicating With Elderly Patients
- Give Your Patients Their Personal Space
- Non-verbal Communication: What Message Are You Projecting?
- Bloodborne Pathogens Review
- Are You a Pathogen Parade?
- Phlebotomist's Guide to PICC Lines, Central Catheters, and Imbedded Ports
- Therapeutic Drug Monitoring
- Customer Service Excellence
- Hand Hygiene in Phlebotomy
- Needle Phobic Patients
- Handling Autistic Patients
- I Stuck Myself! Now What?
- How Your Technique Can Change Lab Results
- Mastectomy Patients: What Are My Options?
- Patient Positioning Do's & Don'ts
- Taking Tubes For a Spin
- Phlebotomists: The Laboratory's Ambassador
- Hand Hygiene & C. diff
- Fist Pumping: Just Say "No"
- Avoiding Nerve Injury
- Your New Mantra for Collecting Newborn Screens
- Phlebotomy and the Obese Patient
Priced well under what you've budgeted for continuing education for next year, ATMs are the easiest way to meet requirements for continuing education as mandated by CAP, CLSI, and likely your own facility. Simply distribute one exercise to your staff each month, collect their answers to the accompanying quiz, grade it, file it, and get on with your day.
Better yet, for the same price as the full set, join Phlebotomy Central and get access to far more articles and educational resources than you could possibly imagine.
Stop scouring the Internet for mediocre resources just to meet your monthly staff requirement. All ATMs are highly researched and reflect industry standards and guidelines.
overall rating: my rating: log in to rate